Sunday 26 July 2015

Distress Ink Watercolour Hello


This is one of favourite all time dies from Simon Says Stamp.  I used embossing paste to create a textured background and cut the die out from several layers of card to create a raised die cut.  I used my palate knife to give the embossing paste a textured look rather than a smooth one to add a bit of interest. 

To create the water colour look, I added distress ink to a wet piece of water colour paper.  Once it was dry, I ran it through my Cuttlebug and stuck the die cut onto three other pieces of white card stock.

I have already given this card to a friend, but if I was to make it again, I think I would die cut some small hearts from the same water colour paper and add them as embellishments with the pearls.


Love Hannah x

Supplies Used:
Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste - White
6x4 white cardstock
Sticker Mania Pearl Embellishments
Simon Says Stamp Big Hello Die
Memory Box Disperse Stencil
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Ocean
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Peacock Feathers
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass
Ranger Glossy Accents
XCut Corner Rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment